Home / News / Fire causes damage at Grandview residence

Fire causes damage at Grandview residence

By DONNA BETH WEILENMAN
Martinez Tribune

MARTINEZ, Calif. – A woman and her dog were displaced after some unattended candles caused fire damage to the living room of a house in the 800 block of Grandview Drive about 8:45 p.m. Saturday, Dec. 5, Captain George Laing of the Contra Costa County Fire Protection District said Monday.

Laing said firefighting units arrived in about four minutes after receiving the call and found the fire in the single-family detached residence. The occupants escaped without injury, he said.

The fire was confined to the living room, although the rest of the house suffered smoke and water damage, he said.

The woman wasn’t allowed to return to the house, but the American Red Cross was called to provide her with assistance, he said.

Check Also

White House photographer Pete Souza holds court at the Castro

BY HELEN LAME’ Long time Chief Official White House photographer Pete Souza, who worked under …